[Web4lib] Wordpress posts --> Mailman

Amy Rogers rogers.a at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 15:35:28 EDT 2009

Hi- I manage a local public library association website that was
recently re-built to run on Wordpress. I need advice.

Feedburner is offered on the site to email latest posts to new
subscribers and this list is growing. The association also has an
older Mailman list with large number of subscribers. It started out
as a members only list but is now open to all. I am looking for a way
to automatically send the title and link of new posts to the Mailman
list for subscribers who, for one reason or other, prefer not to sign
up via Feedburner.

We still have to think about this long-term, e.g. how to deal with
two mailing lists, but for now, I'm looking for a way to make it easy
to alert the Mailman subscribers when a new post goes up. The ability
to feed posts to twitter, e.g. Twitterfeed gave me this idea. Any
ideas how this could be accomplished between WordPress and Mailman?
(I did not find any extensions for this function.)

Amy
baynetlibs.org
webmaster at baynetlibs.org