[Web4lib] Proxy-servers

Chris Ryan Chris-Ryan at utc.edu
Wed Jul 15 12:08:57 EDT 2009

Hi Sara.  We have used ezproxy (now from OCLC
http://www.oclc.org/us/en/ezproxy/about/default.htm ) for years and have
had no problems.  One of the best things about ezproxy is its broad user
base - which makes for a great support group via their email discussion
list.  I'm not very technical and I always get answers from this list,
often from the creator of ezproxy (Chris Zagar), who still monitors the
list even though the product is now technically owned and supported by
OCLC (Chris now works for OCLC, I think).  There is also an ezproxy
wiki, as well as the support documents that are made available from
OCLC.  Regular enhancements are made as necessary - you don't always
have to upgrade to the latest version, but the enhancements are
generally worth it.

Good luck with your investigation and decision.

Chris