[Web4lib] Where on the Web is the U.S. Constitution?

Robert Balliot rballiot at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 12:48:22 EDT 2009

The search engine algorithms reward length of time that the site has been
operational,
number of links from quality websites (big + from academic/ edu resources),
key word
and key phrase content - with key words and phrases as the sentence
structure
subjects, and frequency of site updates.

I am not aware of very many government sites or academic sites that
intentionally
structure their sites for search engine optimization.  It appears to be more
of an
after thought if at all.  Most can improve their sites using a internal
Google search
engine and testing key word/ key phrase searches against the results they
hope to
get.

The commercial  side of the web expends tremendous energy pushing SEO
strategy for
a whole range of key words and phrases.  Although gov and edu sites have  an

immediate advantage of algorithym credibility, failure to optimize can end
up having
the most intellectually valuable sites pushed down in  rankings.

The top five sites in Google  organics are very, very valuable  to
e-commerce. They
paid off my mortgage.

R. Balliot
http://oceanstatelibrarian.com