[Web4lib] Are e-mail discussion lists still relevant?

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:23:24 EDT 2009

I thought David's comment was right on the money. RSS solves the "too many
places to go to" problem.

It's not a universal solution any more than email is. There are no universal
solutions. For highly-interactive websites that you're actually involved
with on a daily or weekly basis, I'd never use RSS. But for things like most
liblogs these days, where something pops up once or twice a week, it's
ideal.

I never quite understood "Different horses for different courses" but I
think that applies here.

-walt crawford-