[Web4lib] Information resource about the Google Book settlement

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 19:00:13 EST 2009

If anyone is interested in background materials concerning Google's settlement with publishers and authors, I ran across an interesting resource compiled by Timothy Vollmer, an IT policy analyst in DC.

The URL for Vollmer's list of links to related resources is almost 100 characters long, so I created a shortcut:

http://tinyurl.com/9zph4v

Many of the items listed relate to libraries and the Google settlement. As one example of what's in Vollmer's list, the most recent entry is for:

Erway, Ricky. 2009. Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries. Report produced by OCLC Research. Published online at: www.oclc.org/programs/publications/reports/2009-01.pdf

Bernie Sloan
Sora Associates
Bloomington, IN