[Web4lib] EZproxy.. for ONLY remote access?

Rosenberger, Luke E rosenberger at uthscsa.edu
Fri Feb 13 11:42:54 EST 2009

Michael, if you are using EZproxy 5.0b GA or later, you could:
	- Plan two EZproxy groups, i.e. InHouse and Elsewhere
	- In your user.txt config file, use the IfIP condition to assign
incoming users from the in-house IP range to the InHouse IP group,
others to Elsewhere
	- In your config.txt file, use the Group directives to make most
of your databases open to both groups InHouse+Elsewhere, but make your
limited database open to Elsewhere only.

For information on placing conditionals and group assignments in
user.txt, see the IfIP and Group commands on this page:
	http://www.oclc.org/support/documentation/ezproxy/usr/common.htm

For information on using groups to manage access to different databases
in config.txt, see:
	http://www.oclc.org/support/documentation/ezproxy/cfg/groups.htm

You may also wish to direct your question to the EZproxy list, which is
a very helpful community.  For subscription details, see:
	http://www.oclc.org/support/documentation/ezproxy/list.htm

Best wishes.

Luke Rosenberger * Director *
Library Technology & Historical Collections *
UT Health Science Center San Antonio *
MSC 7940, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr * San Antonio TX 78229-3900 *
+1 210.567.2486 * rosenberger at uthscsa.edu *
http://www.library.uthscsa.edu