[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 10:1 (January 2010) now available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 15:32:12 EST 2009

 *Cites & Insights *10:1 <http://citesandinsights.info/civ10i1.pdf> (January
2010) is now available.

The 30-page issue (PDF as usual, with HTML versions of the first three
articles also available) includes:
Bibs & Blather <http://citesandinsights.info/v10i1a.htm> (pages 1-6)

Announcing *But Still They Blog: The Liblog Landscape 2007-200*9, at a
special earlybird price; also announcing the trade paperback version of *Cites
& Insights* 9: 2009–and reduced prices on all Cites & Insights Books.
Finally, some words about supporting *Cites & Insights*, which currently
lacks sponsorship.

Making it Work Perspective: Thinking about Blogging 4: Declines and
Ends<http://citesandinsights.info/v10i1b.htm>(pages 6-22)

Quotes and comments about blogging in decline, how individual blogs
change–and the process of pausing or ending a blog.

Interesting & Peculiar Products
<http://citesandinsights.info/v10i1c.htm>(pages 22-25)

Five items and four group reviews.

My Back Pages (pages 25-30)

As always, a PDF-only bonus section–this time including notes on Apple
apologists, buying friends by the thousands, disappearing technologies, the
eternal stereo silly season and *Wired*’s equally eternal silliness–and the
typographic change you’ll see if you read *C&I *as a PDF.

*Peering into the future*:There will *not *be a Midwinter issue of *Cites &
Insights*; the next issue will (probably) be February 2010 and will (also
probably) appear after Midwinter.

Might there be a non-issue similar to the fabled “Cites On A Plane” (which
exists only in the trade paperback version of *C&I* 7: 2007)? Possibly.
Check back around January 6…