[Web4lib] "M Is For Mobile - Information Services In The iPhone Age" || <<< Have Presentation(s) / Will Travel >>>

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Tue Dec 1 16:49:19 EST 2009

Colleagues/

On May 20 2010 I will deliver the featured presentation at a Special
Program organized by the Michigan Library Consortium, Lansing, MI

_The Ever Changing User: Mobile Devices and Beyond_

This one-day special program on the ever changing user will discuss the
utilization of mobile devices in libraries as well as the needs of
library patrons.

Our featured keynote is Gerry McKiernan from the Iowa State University
Library who will present

"M is for Mobile - Information Services in the iPhone Age".

"Gerry's presentation will be followed by a presentation of Ann Arbor
District Library's use of mobile technology from Eli Neiburger.

The program will also feature presentations on working with and
providing services to library users."

TakeHomeAbstract

In this presentation, we will review the mobile phenomenon and profile a
wide array of initiatives and projects that offer anytime/ anywhere
access to a variety of information services and sources. In particular,
we will focus on abstracts and indexes; collections; information
literacy; interlibrary loan; news; online public access catalogs; and
reference and research services. We will conclude with a review of
current and potential challenges and opportunities that librarians and
libraries face in the ever-expanding mobile environment.

Registration Fees

MLC Members [Includes Lunch] > $ 99.00

Non-Members [Includes :Lunch] > $ 160.00

BTW-1 > Please Contact MLC With Any Registration Questions

!!! I Am Most Grateful To The Michigan Library Consortium And Heather M.
Thomas, MLC Training Coordinator,  For Their Kind Invitation !!!

<<< Have Presentation(s) / Will Travel  >>>

If Your Conference Or Organization Is Interested In A Mobile Libraries
Presentation, Please Contact Me ;  I Am More Than Willing To Tailor A
Presentation To The Particular Interests Of Potential Attendees.

If You Are Not Able To Attend The MLC Presentation And/Or Organize Your
Own Mobile Libraries Program Here In The USA,

Perhaps You May Be Interested In Attending One Of My Three International
Presentations In April/May 2010 (TBA)

And/Or

Perhaps My Overseas Colleagues May Be Interested In Organizing One For
Her/His Institution And/Or Professional Association

BTW-2 > While An Honorarium Is Always Welcome, I Ask That As A Minimum
That My Direct Expenses Be Covered (Travel, Accommodations, Food, Etc.)

For The Full Abstract For My MLC Presentation And Links To The MLC
Special Program / Registration Page(s), Please Visit

[ http://tinyurl.com/yjdjdfc ]

BTW-3 > Don't Miss Today's (12-01-09) Mother Goose & Grimm > 'Twitter:
The Movie' At [  http://tinyurl.com/ylerxp4  ]

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

There Is No Answer, Only Solutions / Olde Irish Saying

The Future Is Already Here, It's Just Not Evenly Distributed

Attributed To William Gibson, SciFi Author / Coined 'Cyberspace