[Web4lib] EzProxy and recaptcha

Walker, David dwalker at calstate.edu
Tue Aug 25 15:33:38 EDT 2009

Casting a net far and wide on this, sorry.

We're using EZproxy to proxy a website that also happens to have reCaptcha on it.

I guess reCaptcha keys are tied to domain names, so when the Javascript is brought into the page via the <script /> tag, it sees that the page is 'proxy.example.edu' instead of 'www.vendorsite.com', and we end-up with an error from reCaptcha saying:

   This reCAPTCHA key isn't authorized for the given domain.

That all makes sense.  But can anyone fathom a workaround?

--Dave