[Web4lib] EdUI 2009 One Month To Go

EdUI Conference info at eduiconf.org
Thu Aug 20 12:40:25 EDT 2009

[http://www.virginiafoundation.org/enewsletter/edui/aug0921.html] Don't
See The Images? Click Here

[http://www.eduiconf.org]

Just One Month To Go!
The EdUI 2009 Conference on web  design, usability, accessibility and
social media is just one month away. If you haven't purchased your ticket
[http://edui.eventbrite.com/] now's the time!

Our Keynote Speaker
Jared Spool

[http://www.eduiconf.org/speakers/#jared-spool] Jared M. Spool is the
founder of User Interface Engineering,  the largest usability research
organization of its kind in the world.  If you’ve ever seen Jared speak
about usability, you know that he’s  probably the most effective and
knowledgeable communicator on the  subject today. He’s been working in
the field of usability and design  since 1978, before the term
“usability” was ever associated with  computers.

In this presentation, [http://www.eduiconf.org/session/keynote-spool]
Cooking Up Gourmet User Experiences on a Fast-Food Budget, Jared will share
some of his “fast-food budget” techniques, showing you cost and time
effective methods for extracting the core benefits of any user experience
design process. You’ll learn simple ways to gather information about your
users, the tasks they are doing with your designs, and how well the designs
meet their needs. In turn, you can use this information as you continue to
make changes, thereby making each new release that much more delightful.

[http://www.eduiconf.org/program/] View the full conference schedule

Refer a Friend and Win!
Help us spread the word about EdUI and you might go home from the
conference with this Dell Netbook!

Let your friends, co-workers, colleagues, etc. know about the
[http://www.eduiconf.org] EdUI 2009 Conference. When they register, tell
them to enter your name as how they heard about the conference. We'll have
a drawing during the conference and announce the winner. Every registration
you refer to EdUI will increase your chances of winning.

Dell Netbook Latitude 2100
Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz processor
512MB ram
16 GB hard drive
10.1 inch display
802.11 B/G wireless
Windows XP Home

[http://www.virginiafoundation.org/enewsletter/edui/referralprogram.htm]
Get all the details on how this give-away will work (including some
important restrictions).

Reception Announced!

	This just in... We're pleased to announce a reception Monday night
September 21st from 4-7pm in downtown Charlottesville.
"don't miss" event, so mark your calendars.
Extras...
If you have a ticket, do you have everything else lined up?

Buffet Lunch
Don't forget about our "Birds of a Feather" networking lunch. For just
$16 you get a buffet lunch and a great opportunity to network with your
peers. [http://edui.eventbrite.com/] Sign up now!

Hotel Rooms
Coming from out of town?  We have a
[http://www.eduiconf.org/venue-and-travel/] block of rooms available at a
special rate.

EdUI Partners
Virginia Foundation for the Humanities -
[http://www.VirginiaFoundation.org] http://www.VirginiaFoundation.org
University of Virginia - [http://www.Virginia.edu]
http://www.Virginia.edu

[http://www.eduiconf.org/] www.eduiconf.org

This message was sent by: Virginia Foundation for the Humanities, 145 Ednam Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903

Email Marketing by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com

Manage your subscription:
http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=1050599733&l=2328&s=6AUO&m=5378909&c=37488

Forward to a friend: