[Web4lib] Mechanism for testing off-campus access from on-campus?

Michael McDonnell michael at winterstorm.ca
Thu Aug 13 18:15:26 EDT 2009

Alan Cockerill wrote:
> We have several USB mobile wireless connectors on cheap plans available for travellers. We use these to test how we look from the outside world.

We partnered with our local library consortium and they allowed us to
put a PC on their network.  We have remote desktop access to that PC.

In the past we also had a solution where we put a proxy server on a 3rd
Party's network (an ISP we paid).  To test how things looked offsite, we
just configured our browsers to use the proxy (which required
authentication so it wouldn't be abused).  We'd use that now except that
our arrangement with the consortium is free.

--
MM