[Web4lib] Mechanism for testing off-campus access from on-campus?

John Bickar jbickar at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 13 12:37:06 EDT 2009

Good suggestions all; each method has its pluses and minuses.

As residential ISPs sometimes present weird off-campus access problems,
  I normally run VNC over an SSH tunnel into my home machine.

XP-to-Mac-OS-X step-by-step here
<http://www.stanford.edu/~jbickar/projects/Tunnelling_VNC_over_SSH.pdf>
(PDF)

-John Bickar