[Web4lib] Free Wiki/Blog with tagging/search capabilities

Helen L celestihel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 18:19:44 EDT 2009

Hello all!

I am trying to create a site where librarians in my state can go to post the
need for or availability to sub/volunteer/temp at other libraries. It must
be simple and easy for them to edit, which is initially why we put it in
PBwiki. The problem is that we want users to be able to tag/sort/browse by
location, type of work, etc. I am not seeing the kind of tagging capability
I need in PBwiki, what I'm looking for is more like something you'd find in
Wordpress (tagging that can show up as links in the sidebar), but Wordpress
isn't exactly right for the simplicity and staticness that we are looking
for in it's appearance. I hope that all made sense!

So, my question to you all is this: is there a web based tool that will
combine those needs? Alternately, is there a tool out there that I can use
that compares the features of these kinds of tools so that I might poke
around with something I am currently unfamiliar with.

Thanks so much!
Helen Linda
Goddard College, Vermont

--
>^..^<
Meet me at the Vermont Library Conference May 12 & 13!
http://www.vermontlibraryconference.org/