[Web4lib] re: Getting Rid of IE 6

Walker, David dwalker at calstate.edu
Sun Apr 12 11:38:34 EDT 2009

> Interactive web aps. bump up against IE6 limitations all the time

I'll put in a good word here for using the Yahoo CSS Grids framework [1] and any Javascript framework of your choice [2].  These things exists precisely to make the goal of cross-browser design and functionality easy.

I've designed a number of website with Yahoo Grids and Prototype, using complex layouts and AJAXy functionality (about as complex as for any library application), and am always amazed at how well it looks and behaves in IE 6 without a single line of code on my part to accommodate it.

--Dave

[1] http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/

[2] http://www.google.com/search?q=javascript+framework

David Walker