[Web4lib] Statistics

William Stein guillermost2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 10:07:48 EDT 2009

Greetings,
       Our library uses Comprise ("SAM") session management software on our workstations. SAM is configurable to allow (at least in theory) us to keep track of use of Applications and Websites. The configuration checks out but we have never gotten any statistics. Comprise says this is due to the fact that we also have Drive Shield, which is supposed to erase the session when the computer reboots.
      We have been going back and forth about this for two years with experts on both sides saying the other side is responsible. I find it hard to believe that there is not some simple way of keeping track of the number of times a patron uses Microsoft Word, for example, or any of the databases that we have linked from our desktops.
      I did search the web4lib archive before posting, but the only thing remotely like this question was in 1998.
Any help would be appreciated.
  Will Stein, reference Librarian
  Washington County PL
  Abingdon, Va