[Web4lib] RE: Getting Rid of IE 6

Thomas Edelblute TEdelblute at anaheim.net
Fri Apr 10 14:02:54 EDT 2009

I have to approach this subject with some caution because the City of Anaheim runs a financial application that runs just great in IE 6, but breaks under IE 7.  A fix is available, but the City does not have the money to upgrade the financial application to get it to work under IE 7.

So my question to you is whether or not your new Web site launch is going to require the upgrade and what will happen in the patrons web browser if they don't?  If I have to upgrade to view your web site, and my financial application breaks in the process, who gets blamed for this?

Thomas Edelblute
Public Access Systems Coordinator
Anaheim Public Library