[Web4lib] Wanted: Vendors using Twitter

Walter McGinnis walter at katipo.co.nz
Wed Apr 8 17:24:10 EDT 2009

On Apr 9, 2009, at 5:48 AM, Wilfred Drew wrote:

> I am looking for a list of vendors that use Twitter to get
> information out to librarians.  I stumbled across Proquest (http://twitter.com/Proquest
> ) as a result of a Retweet sent by someone else.  If you know of
> any, please e-mail me.  This would simplify getting information out
> to those that need it.

Hi Bill,

Here at Katipo we have a few members of our Kete (http://kete.net.nz/)
development team, myself included, that use Twitter to talk about the
project.  I imagine that Katipo may have a corporate account at some
point soon.

Here are our individual accounts:

http://twitter.com/wtem - myself, Kete Project Lead
http://twitter.com/k776 - Kieran Pilkington, developer on the Kete
project

Although not part of Katipo, I've noticed a number of members of the
greater Kete community on Twitter, too.  A few that I have found so far:

http://twitter.com/jransom - Joann Ransom at Horowhenua Library Trust,
whom we developed Kete for
http://twitter.com/littlehigh - Paul Reynolds at McGovern Online

The Kete project has a "twiterbot" account for Kete's code repository
for quite awhile now at http://twitter.com/kete.  There are a few
other avenues to easily track this information, so I'm tempted to
change that to tweet new material from http://kete.net.nz/ instead.

Also, http://kete.net.nz/ tracks tweets that use the #kete hash tag.
Please use #kete if you are tweeting about Kete.

Cheers,
Walter McGinnis
Katipo Communications