[Web4lib] Virtual Reference Bibliography Online - Now Live, Check it Out

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 22:29:12 EDT 2009

FYI...for those of you interested in virtual reference services...

Bernie Sloan
Sora Associates
Bloomington, IN
-----------------

From: mradford1 at speakeasy.net <mradford1 at SPEAKEASY.NET>
Subject: Virtual Reference Bibliography Online - Now Live, Check it Out!
Date: Monday, April 6, 2009, 9:45 PM

I am delighted to announce that a team of faculty and students at Rutgers
have just launched the long awaited, highly anticipated Virtual Reference
Bibliography designed to be used by librarians, students, scholars, and
others who are interested in publications dealing with all aspects of
virtual reference.

Check it out at: http://vrbib.rutgers.edu

Hosted by Rutgers University’s SCILS, this site is a continuation of the
digital reference services bibliography maintained from 2000 to 2004 by
Bernie Sloan. It now contains 700+ entries from Bernie’s original
bibliography, plus 200+ new items published from 2004 to the present. The
redesigned site and new search interface was created by Ben Bakelaar of
Rutgers as part of a final project for Information Design class, taught by
Jacek Gwizdka, Ph.D.

This resource is designed to be an ongoing work in progress. We welcome
your input to keep it current and accurate. Please leave a comment at the
VR Bibliography website if you want to add a citation, to correct a
mistake, or wish to make a suggestion.

Do take a look and let us know how you like it!

Please feel free to forward this message to other listservs or to those you
know will be interested. Thanks!

Marie L. Radford
Associate Professor
Rutgers University, SCILS