[Web4lib] Library Automation in a Web 2.0 Environment

Lisa Dillon lisa3d at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 16:06:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am graduate student in the Library Science program at Southern Connecticut State University. I have subscribed to your list because I am interested in information systems and technology.

I am currently enrolled in a course called “Library Automation”. I would be very interested to hear about anyone’s experiences with library automation systems that employ Web 2.0 technologies (blogs, wikis, instant messaging for reference, etc.). What criteria do you use to evaluate the system? Are there areas in which the system is more efficient, or less?

Thanks very much for your help. I look forward to reading your replies.

Regards,

Lisa Dillon