[Web4lib] Vacation messages

Lynn Reynish lreynish at reginalibrary.ca
Wed Sep 10 14:58:36 EDT 2008

Michael Silver said:

>  I've never worked with Exchange so I can't speak to it.

We use Exchange 2007 here - the clients are either Outlook 2003 or the OWA web client. Those staff members that do use out-of-office messages typically use one of two methods: 1) only send the notices inside the organization and not externally (an easy choice and the one that most use) or 2) send the notices to everyone but set lists to no mail.

There are a couple of staff members who are on a lot of lists that use the more advanced server-side rules to avoid sending out-of-office messages to lists. These rules can be based on who the message is sent to, something in the subject line or who the message is from. So far (*touch wood*) we haven't had any embarrassments.

Lynn

---
Lynn Reynish
ILS Librarian