[Web4lib] RE: Web Monitoring

Pruntel,Alison Alison.Pruntel at fauquiercounty.gov
Mon Oct 20 12:43:26 EDT 2008

We use the 8e6 R3000 filter 9 http://www.8e6.com/) for our public access workstations as well as our public wireless network. The public access stations use LDAP (tied to windows username to allow for granular filter by audience/user type) and our public wireless is filtered at our designated minimum filtering level, which is basically porn and security threats (including peer-to-peer file sharing). We (the library and our county IT department) are very happy with this product.

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library
11 Winchester Street