[Web4lib] Re: Libraries and Open Everything or Free Culture

Cloutman, David DCloutman at co.marin.ca.us
Fri Oct 17 13:08:41 EDT 2008

I think librarians and library workers can be found in all of the areas
you identified. Particularly in the public library realm, we are about
much much more than education. If anything, I would place a public
librarian in either the neighborhoods or society categories. School and
academic librarians are definite fits for education, corporate
librarians are workplace, may librarians work in non-profits (and some
libraries are non-profits), may librarians are either part of, or
directly serve the missions of government agencies, etc. Really, we're
everywhere, and we all stand to benefit from open source, open
standards, and Free information.

It sounds like a great event, BTW.

- David

---