[Web4lib] Google Scholar and OpenURL resolvers

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafayette.edu
Tue Nov 18 14:14:29 EST 2008

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to get in touch with a human at
Google regarding getting Google Scholar to show our link resolver
(assuming the bots haven't completely taken over)?  It used to show
up in Scholar Preferences and was the default for our IP range, but a
couple of months ago we had a hostname change on the server where the
links and holdings file live, and we dropped off their radar.  I've
sent numerous emails to the only Scholar-related address I can find
(scholar-library at google.com), and have been bugging my link resolver
vendor (III) to notify GS, but after over two months, no response
from Google (and close to none from III) and still no link.

Today I discovered that "Lafayette College - FullText at IngentaConnect"
is now showing up as the default for our IP range, but I have no idea
what that is nor how/why it's there.  (We have very little Ingenta content.)

Thanks,

Bob Duncan

Robert E. Duncan
Systems Librarian