[Web4lib] Campus without a physical library

Susan Hansen SUSAN at rochester.lib.mn.us
Tue Nov 18 12:47:03 EST 2008

People have asked me where the U of MN Rochester, which opened in 2008,
keeps their books. They do not have a library in their new facility and
at this point I don't believe they intend to add a library.

This has info on their "information commons" - as you can see from the
photo - computers only.
http://www.r.umn.edu/04_libraries_and_student_resources.htm
UMR students have access to all of the University of Minnesota
Libraries’ online resources for their academic programs, including the
catalog, periodical indexes and full text articles. Books and other
printed materials may be obtained from the University of Minnesota
Libraries through document delivery or interlibrary loan. Students
should contact the Information Commons staff to assist them with their
requests.

> I need to track down some information.
>
> Some time ago there was some writing and discussion in web4lib
> about a college or university that was planned or built without a
> physical
> library, it was supposed to be fully electronic. I have been trying
> to track down
> if this was just
> 1) rumours of being planned or
> 2) actually planned or
> 3) actually built.
> and, if any of these, where?
>
> Can anyone help me out here?
>
> Even
>
> --
> Even Hartmann Flood,  Senior Academic Librarian
> Ilevollen 3e
> N 7018 Trondheim, Norway.
> Phone: +47 73 52 53 53/ +47 95 11 58 14
> even.flood at gmail.com
> http://home.broadpark.no/~evflood/
> "Come, and take choice of all my library, and so  beguile thy
sorrow."
>                                (Shakespeare)

Susan Hansen, MA, CIRS,
Librarian