[Web4lib] Firefox cookie problem with EZproxy access

Stephen.Barnett at nt.gov.au Stephen.Barnett at nt.gov.au
Mon Nov 10 21:18:23 EST 2008

Any ideas on this issue? The NT Government IT people  do not support the Firefox
browser so I'm not getting any help from that quarter!!

When using Firefox to attempt using our Elibrary resources I get this error (as
do my clients, well at least the client  that just came in) trying to access our
databases through Ezproxy!!!

"Licensing agreements for these databases require that access be extended only
to authorized users. Once you have been validated by this system, a "cookie" is
sent to your browser as an ongoing indication of your authorization to access
these databases. This cookie only needs to be set once during login.

If you are using a firewall or network privacy program, you may need to
reconfigure it to allow cookies to be set from this server.

As you access databases, they may also use cookies. Your ability to use those
databases may depend on whether or not you allow those cookies to be set.

To login again, click here." [ here is http://ezpdhcs.nt.gov.au/login]

Cookies are set to be accepted.  I have no other problem using Firefox, its just
with our own resources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen Michael Barnett

A/Reference Services Librarian
Information Access and Education Unit

Department of Health & Families
Northern Territory Government

http://www.health.nt.gov.au/library
Tel: 08 89228664
International: +61 8 8922 8664
Fax: 08 8922 7777
Mobile: 0402852901

stephen.barnett at nt.gov.au
PO Box 40596 Casuarina 0811

Northern Territory, Australia
Building 4, Royal Darwin Hospital, Rocklands Drive,
Tiwi 0810 NT