[Web4lib] Symantec anti-virus

Robin robin at stcharleslibrary.org
Wed Nov 5 14:23:27 EST 2008

The only insight I can offer - which may not be helpful - is that I
discontinued use of Symantec about 3 years ago due to persistent errors
and failures. And that applies to both their AV software and to such
technical support as I could get from them.

I know how great the Tech Soup offers are, but in this case, I fear, you
get what you pay for.

FYI we made a very smooth transition too Sophos AV and are in general
very happy with it. We have occasionally had glitches or conflicts wit
other products but these days that seems to be the norm with all the
complex software out there; at least when we've had problems, they've
been resolved pretty quickly.

Robin Boulton
IT Manager
St. Charles Public Library District