[Web4lib] FW: Drupal for library staff intranet?

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue May 20 15:51:11 EDT 2008

> 3) Are there other software solutions you might suggest?  I know about
> FarCry, an open-source CF-based CMS; has anyone used that?

It has been a number of years since I looked at Cold Fusion but last time I
looked at CF Zope/Plone seemed to be the closest Open Source solution that
was similar to Cold Fusion in design.  It might be worth looking at although
you might probably have to still "retool the existing apps" but it might be
less retooling with a similar product.  There is an option in Plone to give a
page a "photo view"

Plone4Artists product  is very popular especially the P4A calendar.  The
product P4ArtistsSite auto-configures a P4Artists site by installing and
configuring all the products. The full package includes P4ArtistsAudio,
P4ArtistsVideo, P4ArtistsCalendar and ContentLicensing, easycommenting,
PloneContentRating and ContentTagging so you don't have to download those
separately.  And there are groups, podcast, and newsletter addon products.
This product could probably handle most intranet content itself.

http://www.plone4artists.org/products

Links to screencasts at
http://plone4artists.org/

and plone.tv for audio,video,and screencasts about plone.

Thomas

On Monday 19 May 2008 10:26, VanderHart, Robert wrote:
> Resending this message since I didn't ever see it show up on web4lib.

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"... using OpenOffice.org, and save them back to disk automatically,
in MS Word format.  They surf the Web, check e-mail, do instant
messaging, view YouTube videos, visit their Facebook pages, learn
touch-typing skills and lots more.  Our public library has been
offering these Linux public stations for the past three years."
 - Phil Shapiro Linux Journal January 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/