[Web4lib] Federated Searching

Mary Ann Jones MJones at library.msstate.edu
Mon May 12 17:08:18 EDT 2008

Joanna,

WebFeat was recently purchased by ProQuest and plans are to merge WebFeat with Serials Solutions' 360 Search http://www.proquest.com/pressroom/pressrelease/08/20080214.shtml.  Some of the issues regrading support are probably due to this merger.  I would try contacting someone at ProQuest about your tech support problems.

Mary Ann Jones, MLIS
Assistant Professor
Electronic Serials Librarian
Thesis and Dissertation Supervisor
Mississippi State University Libraries
(662) 325-5985
mjones at library.msstate.edu

>>> "Joanna Kolendo" <joasia1127 at gmail.com> 5/6/2008 10:07:50 AM >>>

Hello:

We currently use Webfeat as our federated system for our databases.
However, we have been having many issues with their tech support and
response time; it has been taking 2 to 4 weeks for a database link to be
fixed, etc.  I am wondering if anyone has similar issues as well as *ideas
on other federated searching systems that we can potentially use in place of
Webfeat.*

Thanks,
Joanna