[Web4lib] open source on MaintainIT blog

Sarah Washburn swashburn at techsoup.org
Fri May 2 14:55:38 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

The MaintainIT Project interviews hundreds of librarians from across the
country on how they support their public computers, and we publish all
of these great ideas on our web site in articles and free guides called
Cookbooks. I'm writing to share that Sharon Moreland, the Director of
Tonganoxie Public Library in Kansas, just posted on the MaintainIT
Project blog about her library's experiences with Koha and LibLime.
Sharon will be chronicling her experiences with open source on the
MaintainIT blog, and if you have any experiences or questions you'd like
to share, I encourage you to please comment on her post.
http://maintainitproject.org/sirsitokoha

Sharon's experiences and others will be covered in the next Cookbook-due
to be published this summer-which will cover a variety of topics,
including open source.

If you'd like to participate in the MaintainIT Project by contributing
your experiences, please get in touch. We're in the business of sharing
ideas from libraries across the country, so librarians and staff can
learn from the experiences of others. I'm sure you have something to
share--I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,

-sarah

Sarah Washburn

The MaintainIT Project <http://www.maintainitproject.org/>  at TechSoup

  --> find out the latest at http://maintainitproject.org/blog
<http://maintainitproject.org/blog>

or the next best thing: sign up for our monthly newsletter
<http://ga0.org/techsoup/join.html>