[Web4lib] Re: Announcement: Open Source In Libraries Website

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:46:15 EDT 2008

Breaking out of lurker mode...

There's a natural home for a list of library lists--well, two of them
(that's the way things work).

The obvious candidate is LISWiki
http://liswiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
where someone just needs to start a page of library lists and others need to
populate it.

The other candidate is Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki,
http://www.libsuccess.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
but I think it would make more sense to have a page there linking to
LISWiki.

Then, once such a page exists, I'd link to either or both in the PALINET
Leadership Network (PLN), a third wiki that probably isn't an ideal
candidate location
http://pln.palinet.org

In any case, an existing multilibrary library-related wiki does seem like
the ideal location for such a list....
-walt crawford, director/managing editor, PLN-