[Web4lib] Re: Drupal Hosting

Blake Carver lists at lisnews.com
Thu Mar 27 07:24:55 EDT 2008

David has some really good points, though assuming you're on a decent
server the load issues shouldn't come up most days. It takes quite a
busy site (at least 50,000 pages, 200,000 hits a day) to really make a
noticeable difference on a mid sized server from what I've seen. So
unless you have a really busy site I don't think you need to worry
about too much traffic. There are of course a million other variables
to can cause troubles...

Like the spammers. Drupal, Wordpress, etc. attract them like you
wouldn't believe. Running things like mod_security on the server and
all the plugins/modules available help quite a bit. At least you won't
see the comments show up, but I see huge load spikes beacause of bots
that attempt to leave thousands of comments all at once.

Blake Carver
LISHost.org
Web Hosting For Librarians
http://www.lishost.org