[Web4lib] LivePresentation: Using Wikipedia to Reenvision the Term Paper | March 18th | Tuesday |

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Mar 24 00:30:28 EDT 2008

Gerry Mckiernan wrote a week ago:

> I have learned that Andreas Brockhaus and Martha Groom will give
> another presentation on "Using Wikipedia to Reenvision the Term
> Paper"

Considering all the buzz, it's surprising that there is no mention
of this paper or its authors on Wikipedia.  One would assume that
they had user pages and had written something on Wikipedia's page
for how to run school projects,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:School_and_university_projects

I'm not talking about the encyclopedic articles in Wikipedia, but
the pages in the "user:" and "wikipedia:" namespaces.  I find
nothing.  Did the authors really use Wikipedia, or did they just
dream up a presentation?  Which articles were actually contributed
as a result?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)