[Web4lib] suggestion box/blog

Menk, Robert bmenk at ll.mit.edu
Fri Mar 7 09:33:50 EST 2008

We use a MovableType plugin called MTEntryPost (http://mt-hacks.com/entrypost.html) which lets users without a blog login, (and no one but library staff have blog logins), to create an entry in a suggestion box blog. The entries are vetted by library staff before they appear. Responses etc. are done using the normal entry commenting tools.

Since we're a secure government site and everything is behind a firewall, we don't have to worry too much about frivolous posts.

Using a blog dedicated to being a "Suggestion Box" gives users a place to comment on any aspect of our library, whereas just relying on comments on any given blog entry tends to tie the context to the subject matter of that entry .

Bobb Menk
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Library