[Web4lib] logins

Bill Drew dreww at tc3.edu
Thu Jun 26 09:24:05 EDT 2008

Combine LDAP for your logins with EZproxy to cover your databases.  Not
sure that would do away with multiple logins but at least they could all
be the same username/password combination.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
Online Identity: http://claimID.com/billdrew
StrengthsQuest: Ideation, Input, Learner, Activator, Communication
http://www.facebook.com/people/Bill_Drew/

>>> "Lin Light" <llight at herrickdl.org> 6/26/2008 8:36 AM >>>
We are working on our new webpage and have come up against something
that I
need help with. I should say the firm that is working on our webpage.
We have a log-in issue. We want patrons to log-in in just once and have

access to all of our databases and we would like to have that same
log-in
then cover their library account. We are not a stand-alone ILS but a
consortium system running III. It is a Windows based web server. Any
suggestions.

Lin

Lin Light
Head of Computer