[Web4lib] FW: Converting Adobe Captivate files for use in podcasting

AMacIntosh at thealbertalibrary.ab.ca AMacIntosh at thealbertalibrary.ab.ca
Mon Jun 23 12:05:11 EDT 2008

Hi Laurie:

I find the Super video file converter to be useful in transferring all
types of videos to iPod format (.mp4), and it's free to use. There are also
no limits on the length of the video. It can handle .swf files, so you
should be set:
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Cheers,
Amanda
-------------------------
Amanda Macintosh, Training Librarian
APLEN, The Alberta Library
Rm. 6-14, 7 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, AB   T5J 2V5
Email: amacintosh at thealbertalibrary.ab.ca; Ph: (780) 414-0805 ext. 230;
Fax: (780) 414-0806
--------------------------
"Humanity practically was things that didn't have a position in time and
space, such as imagination, pity, hope, history and belief. Take those away
and all you had was an ape that fell out of trees a lot."  - Terry
Pratchett
--------------------------

             "Sabol, Laurie"
             <Laurie.Sabol at tuf
             ts.edu>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  <web4lib at webjunction.org>
             web4lib-bounces at w                                          cc
             ebjunction.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Web4lib] FW: Converting Adobe
             06/19/2008 12:57          Captivate files for use in
             PM                        podcasting

Colleagues-

We are beginning to create video tutorials in Adobe Captivate 3. We
would like to make these available via our podcast series.  I've looked
at the publishing settings and it seems the only format available is
.swf which, unless I've missed something, will not be playable on iTunes
or video iPods.  Has anyone had success incorporating Adobe Captivate
materials into their podcasts?

Laurie Sabol

Instruction Coordinator

Tisch Library at Tufts University