[Web4lib] RE: Converting Adobe Captivate files for use in podcasting

Kozlowski,Brendon bkozlowski at sals.edu
Fri Jun 20 16:49:05 EDT 2008

Laurie,

You'll need to find a SWF to MP4 (or iPod video) converter.  There are some free tools, but finding a good one that (1)works, (2)is easy to use, (3)doesn't continually nag you to upgrade or lose functionality after 30 days, or (4)is not safe for your computer is rather difficult.  Although I've probably found a few, certain applications work better for certain situations, so you'll be better off finding one for yourself.  There are also retail applications.  From a quick web search, the first result came up from an Adobe employee:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/captivate/articles/ipod.html <http://www.adobe.com/devnet/captivate/articles/ipod.html>

She suggests a retail product (which one would presume is guaranteed to work).  I cannot confirm one way or another; although I have used video conversion tools, I have not attempted to created iPod compatible files.  Good luck.

Brendon Kozlowski
Web Administrator
Saratoga Springs Public Library
49 Henry Street