[Web4lib] Information literacy requirments

Alma Garcia almag at mills.edu
Wed Jun 18 13:01:38 EDT 2008

Just to provide some clearification,  our current requirement for all enter students is a course that includeds the MS Office requirements, but the major part if our Mills Information Literacy Evaluation (MILE) which is based on Sreachpath.

Our IT department has been very critical of MILE and thinks is simply shows students how to search the WEB.  The have not taken MILE.

I thank all who have responded so far and shared their insights.

Alma