[Web4lib] What are the copyright guidelines for book jackets on web

Sharon Logan slogan at henrico.lib.va.us
Thu Jun 12 09:37:35 EDT 2008

The latest information I have on using book jackets for our library
system is that we have to scan the jacket ourselves unless we have
direct permissions from the publisher to use it.  We are currently in
the process of redesigning our website and would like to create links to
our catalog from a book jacket for our book discussion page.  We
certainly don't want to have to contact the publisher every time we do
this.  Is there a global rule about this somewhere?  My research hasn't
resulted in much yet.

Thanks.

Sharon