[Web4lib] RE: [Publib] Point of Sale (POS) Recommendations?

SIMINITUS, JACQUELYN E (ATTPB) js8295 at att.com
Mon Jun 9 12:33:09 EDT 2008

Last week, I listened to an eGovernment webinar.  It doesn't
specifically address library transactions, but it is still a good series
of presentations by Jon DuFrene (State of Oregon, oregon.com), John
Koepsel (IBM), and Kate Clark (Usi and AT&T.)  If you are interested in
the topic, see the archived webinar below.

Title: Efficiency for you, convenience for them: New online services for
state and local government
Duration: 45 Minutes

http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=107823&s=1&k=B732520FF43222AFC5AA035FC0F3D701

Important: System Setup & Compatibility Check:
Test the computer that you will be using and make sure you have the
minimum technical requirements to attend this event. Allow sufficient
time prior to the event for this test. Test at
http://www.on24.com/view/help/ehelp.

Here are library applications that come to mind that would be good for
eGovernment or PoS:
- library overdue book fines
- library "hold" requests
- room rental
- caterer fees
- library lobby rental for events
- library fees for borrowing videos (our library charged 1/2 dollar per
VHS)
- library foundation book sales
- library foundation donations for specific programs or capital
campaigns

Am I missing any other library applications?  Let me know if you have
questions and I'll track down what information you need.
Best wishes.

Jackie Siminitus, MLS
AT&T Library Advocate
795 Folsom Street, Room 400, San Francisco, CA 94107
415-644-7112 : jacquelyn.siminitus at att.com
AT&T Knowledge Network Explorer, www.kn.att.com
Blue Web'n Library, www.kn.att.com/wired/bluewebn/
http://2CoolTools.blogspot.com; http://Advocate4Libraries.blogspot.com