[Web4lib] Point of Sale Software Used in Library Setting

Pruntel,Alison Alison.Pruntel at fauquiercounty.gov
Fri Jun 6 15:23:43 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Please excuse my cross posting on this topic.

Our library system collects fines, replacement fees, printing fees,
etc., in a way that does not pass muster with our county finance
division. In one branch we have a cash register, the rest we write
things down, put in an excel spreadsheet.  Needless to say, this method
is not sufficient to meet our audit obligations.

We don't have the space to accommodate cash registers at all of our
circulation desks and hoping someone has some good
suggestions/experiences with point of sale (POS) software being used in
a public library setting. Before I start going through a fairly long
list (http://www.softwareadvice.com/retail/pos-software-comparison/),
any advice?

We do pull reports on fines/fees paid via our ILS (Millennium) and our
new patron session software (CASSIE) will provide us with printing
stats, but we're looking for one place to enter in monies received
(broken down by various department) and spit out a weekly report.

Thanks in advance,

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library