[Web4lib] CUIL doesn't seem very COOL

Cloutman, David DCloutman at co.marin.ca.us
Mon Jul 28 13:44:56 EDT 2008

I repeated the "barack obama" search, and got results. Interestingly
enough, the misspelling "barak obama" rendered result, but under
"Explore by Category", "Nation of Islam" came up as the second category.
Perhaps the misspelled name creates hits on the anti-Obama literature.

Regardless, I didn't love it, but it's not terrible for a new piece of
software. I think they need to invest in some more servers, though. Very
slow.

- David

---
David Cloutman <dcloutman at co.marin.ca.us>