[Web4lib] OpenSource Portal Software Similar to iGoogle/Netvibes?

Naomi Malone grokkar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 11:26:00 EDT 2008

There is an open source project called Dropthings

 http://www.dropthings.com/

The project description is: *
*Ajax Web Portal built on Linq, Workflow Foundation and ASP.NET AJAX. Code
is in Visual Studio 2008 using .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5.  and there is a book
you can purchase that will show you how to set it up.  I presume you will
have to have a lot of .asp knowledge beforehand.  :-)

*http://www.codeplex.com/dropthings/*

Naomi Malone

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Francis Kayiwa <kayiwa at uic.edu> wrote:

> ilana Kingsley wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Does anyone know of some good OpenSource Portal Software Similar to
>> iGoogle or Netvibes?
>>

> While I've never used it, Portaneo claims to be just that.
>
> http://www.portaneo.com
>
> regards,
> ./fxk
>

> =====