[Web4lib] Registration open - ASIST 2008 Annual Meeting

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Wed Jul 23 13:55:20 EDT 2008

** Apologies for Duplication **

People Transforming Information - Information Transforming
People
October 24-29, 2008,  Hyatt Regency, Columbus, Ohio

http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM08/

The Sunday, October 26 plenary will be an interactive
session featuring
- Geneveive Bell, director, User Experience Group Intel
Digital Home Group
- Howard Rheingold, author, editor and lecturer at UC
Berkeley and Stanford University
- Andrew Keen, host of AfterTV and Silicon Valley
entrepreneur.

Plenary on Wednesday, October 29 will be Dr. Connie Yowell,
Director of Education grantmaking
at MacArthur, and runs MacArthur's $50 million digital
media and learning initiative.

Meeting will feature 36 panels, 60 contributed papers, and
over 90 posters or short papers
covering the full gamut of what is current in information
science practice and research.

NEW POLICIES: We are now including a year’s membership with
every full conference,
non-member registration.  And we are extending a $100
discount to all attendees
who are not from the US or Canada.

Pre Conference Sessions include
- The Annual Meeting of the International Conference on
Knowledge Management
- User Studies with MORAE
- The Sense-Making Methodology Approach to Interviewing for
Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis
 - The social analysis of computing
- Information Architecture 3.0
- Classification and the Arts: enduring practice,
alternative strategies, and contrasts with other domains.
- Personal Information Management as a Study and a Practice
- Getting Started with User-Centered Taxonomy Design
- Putting Your Taxonomy to Work
- Information Behavior in design & the making of relevant
research
- Human Computer Interaction in Interactive Information
Environments with a focus on Groups

Dick

Richard Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
(301) 495-0900