[Web4lib] AquaBrowser Releases Reviews and Ratings Functionality in My Discoveries

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon Jul 14 15:32:48 EDT 2008

Colleagues/

Social Networking Is Everywhere ...

AquaBrowser Releases Reviews and Ratings Functionality in My
Discoveries

Denver, CO July 9, 2008 - Medialab, creator of the leading search and
discovery platform AquaBrowser, announced the general release of My
Discoveries with functionality for users to create reviews and ratings
and view personal tags. These features boost the existing AquaBrowser
social networking experience to create a true global community for
library users worldwide.

My Discoveries was introduced in 2007 and initially allowed users to
tag items, search and refine on user tags, plus create, share and search
on user lists. My Discoveries with LibraryThing content has been seeding
library catalogs with 21 million tags created by users of
LibraryThing.com. Now with the latest release of MyDiscoveries, users
can review and rate items and view personal tag clouds. The User
Interface was also enhanced to be more intuitive based on patron
comments and customer feedback.

[snip].

Ratings are easily created using the star system employed at other
popular sites such as Netflix*. Individuals see not only the rating
they*ve attached to an item, but the averaged global community rating
based on all user input across all My Discoveries libraries worldwide.
And the user functionality to create tags, lists, reviews and ratings is
now accessible at both the results list and title level.

[snip]

*It*s important for libraries to offer a modern social networking
experience to their patrons, and we*re pleased that AquaBrowser My
Discoveries has matured to fulfill this need. Patron feedback, librarian
requests, and functionality in other social websites have been vital in
growing My Discoveries to become the leading library social networking
site* explained Bas Zwaan, CEO of Medialab Solutions BV.

Enjoy!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]