[Web4lib] Firefox Version 3.0

Hester, Mary HesterM at bartonccc.edu
Thu Jul 10 10:49:03 EDT 2008

I switched from Firefox 2.- to 3.0 a couple of days ago and have been experiencing difficulties working in our web based ILS. After several records are brought up, edited, and saved, it basically freezes as it is retrieving the next record.  It will eventually retrieve, but it may be as long as 5 minutes.

Is it possible the repeated requests to go to the same web site, our ILS server, is triggering some security feature? Or does anyone have any other ideas what could be happening? I can not find any setting to change that seems to make a difference.  It does help to close the browser and reopen, but that is frustrating.

The ILS seems to work fine in IE 7.0 but I'm a Firefox user at heart and would like to find a solution.

Mary Hester
Director of Learning Resources
Barton County Community College
Great Bend, KS 67530