[Web4lib] Re: Future of libraries

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 16:56:01 EDT 2008

Bill,

I don't know if you are including any of my posts on the ALA "futures" panel discussion in your "handwringing about all of our handwringing about the future of libraries" comment. If you are, that's not what I was doing.

I was simply saying I was getting tired of the futurists' old "change or die" spiel. The futurists sometimes act as if libraries are not changing. Libraries are changing, although some are changing more/less than others.

Bernie Sloan
Sora Associates