[Web4lib] At Session on the Future of Libraries, a Sense of Urgency

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 22:11:36 EDT 2008

Lisa McAulay said:

"It seems to me that the main point of the session is to shock librarians
into trying new or different things."

I agree 100% with what Lisa said.

But this "shock therapy" has been going on for 10-15 years. I think it's old hat now. For those who believe that change is necessary, it's preaching to the choir. For those who are cynical about change, this "shock therapy" hardens them even more against change.

Bernie Sloan
Sora Associates