[Web4lib] At Session on the Future of Libraries, a Sense of Urgency

Susan Vittitow SVITTi at state.wy.us
Tue Jul 1 15:54:10 EDT 2008

Just read the LJ article. I'm wondering where Abram's assertion that "In 2008, we had the worst year ever," came from, and whether "we" means libraries or "we" is people in general.

Susan Vittitow, Statistics Librarian
Library Development Office
Wyoming State Library
516 S. Greeley Hwy,
Cheyenne WY 82002
Phone: 307-777-5915
Fax: 307/777-6289
svitti at state.wy.us

>>> "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2 at yahoo.com> 7/1/2008 1:23 PM >>>

There's a report in LJ on an ALA panel discussion on the future of libraries:

"At Session on the Future of Libraries, a Sense of Urgency"
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6574501.html

I sure hope that this "Session on the Future of Libraries" panel discussion at ALA was more interesting than the LJ report makes it out to be. Maybe something was lost in the translation. Maybe someone who attended the discussion will set me straight?