[Web4lib] Acrobat Reader Issues

dschumann at trlib.org dschumann at trlib.org
Tue Jan 29 16:44:02 EST 2008

We have some serious issues with Acrobat Reader. There are some sites
that require Acrobat Reader be opened within the browser. (Turbo Tax and
the 1851 Eastern Canada Census images in Ancestry Library Edition are
the most recent sites we've encountered.)

However, if we configure Acrobat to load within the browser, and if the
user displays a PDF and then clicks the browser's back button, the user
cannot display another PDF until all copies of the browser are closed
and then reopened.

Are other libraries experiencing these issues? If so, how are you
handling it?

Thanks for any suggestions. Donna

Donna Schumann

Timberland Regional Library