[Web4lib] Screen captures to flash

T Mac terrannews at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 15:24:47 EST 2008

Sorry I'm late on this topic, just catching up with my Web4lib mail. I've been using Captivate and I love it. Before deciding on Captivate, I downloaded the trial versions of Camtasia and Captivate and tried them out for various purposes, and I had the same results as in the article that was linked to in a previous message. Camtasia is fine if you just want to do a quick & dirty video with narration at the same time.  However, Captivate's slide-like format gives you much better editing control - you can move slides around, re-record voiceover for small bits of it, insert informational slides, edit (to a small degree) the mouse movement, etc. There are a lot of advanced features as well, many of which I haven't used yet, but these are the ones I've started out with:

http://amelia.db.erau.edu/tutorials/proquest/Introduction.htm

http://amelia.db.erau.edu/tutorials/videos-ww/